What documents do I need to file a tax return?

If you are employed in Great Britain there is a good chance you are eligible for a tax refund. What kind of documents do you need for that?

In order to receive a tax refund from Great Britain you will need the following:

  • form P60
  • form P45
  • a National Insurance Number

Form P60

This form is a document that confirms the amount of tax you paid in a previous tax year. It is issued by your employer by 31st May. Without this document you cannot apply for a tax refund, therefore it is important that you have it!

Form P45

It is a document which shows paid taxes during your employment in a tax year. It is issued by your employer after ending the work relationship. It consists of 3 parts:

  • Part 1 – your former employer sends this part to the tax office
  • Part 1A – this part is for you to keep
  • Parts 2and 3 – these are for your new employer

National Insurance Number

This is an identification number of the taxpayer. In the forms P45 and P60 you will find this number in the top part.

Is this relevant to you? With our app you will be able to file your tax return quickly and conveniently. File now at Neotax.eu.

Previous Post Next Post