Published: 17th Aug 2023

J1 visa: all you need to know

The J-1 visa, also known as the Exchange Visitor Visa or J student visa, is for anyone outside of the US who wishes to take part in study- and work-related exchange programs approved by the Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Typically, a J-1 student visa holder is sponsored by an educational or nonprofit institution.

Published: 16th Aug 2023

The amount of Austrian family allowances-Familienbeihilfe

Austrian child allowances are adjusted or increased once a year due to indexation and other legal changes. What is the current amount of the allowance and what changes have been made?

Published: 15th Aug 2023

Working in Germany and entitlement to cash benefits

Are you working in Germany and don't know what benefits you are entitled to? In addition to an overview of the benefits, the following article will give you information on the conditions you need to meet to get them.

Published: 14th Aug 2023

What is the Certification for the Year and how to fill it in correctly

The so-called Certification for the Year from the tax authority for the income tax return (Potvrzení pro rok zahraničního daňového úřadu) can be a bit of a hassle, so in this article we've answered the most common questions and put together a clear guide on how to fill it in correctly.

Published: 9th Aug 2023

Bescheinigung EU/EWR and tax refunds from Austria

Do you want to benefit from Austrian tax advantages even though you are not resident in Austria? With the EU/EWR form this is possible!

Published: 7th Aug 2023

Double taxation

Double taxation is the levying tax on the same income by two or more countries (tax offices).

Published: 2nd Aug 2023

How to receive SSN or ITIN in USA?

A Social Security number (SSN) is a unique identifier issued by the Social Security Administration. You need an SSN to work, and it’s used to determine your eligibility for Social Security benefits and certain government services.

Published: 17th Jul 2023

EU/EWR form for tax refunds from Germany, Austria, Belgium and Luxembourg

What is the EU/EWR form or the Foreign Income Tax Return Confirmation and what is it for?