(+420) 234 261 904 info@neotax.eu

Income Tax Refund from Belgium

18th Jul 2018

Аll employees and self-employed individuals working in Belgium pay 20-50% income tax on their earnings. Your tax rate depends on how much you earn per year.

All resident taxpayers or non-residents who work over 183 days during a calendar in Belgium are required to file a tax return. We recommend you to file a tax return to make sure your tax affairs are in order in case you want to return to Belgium to work.

Taxable income Tax
0 to 11,070 € 25 %
11,070 to 12,720 € 30 %
12,720 to 21,190 € 40 %
21,190 to 38,830 € 45 %
38,830 € and above 50 %

What is a Fiche 281.10/Fiche de Remuneration form?

Fiche 281.10/Fiche de Remuneration form is the annual statement summary which you receive from your employer at the end of the fiscal year. It shows the total amount you earned and the amount of taxes your employer withheld and paid to the tax authorities from your earnings.

What should I do if I do not have a Fiche?

You can either contact your employer and request for it, or we can get it for you.

Child benefit

Belgium pays out dozens of billions of euros as child benefits every year. If you have children, you are also most likely eligible! Find out more here.

How many years back can I apply for a tax refund?

You can apply for refunds up to 3 years back from the date of your application.

How long does it take to get a refund?

On average, between 6 months to 1 year from the time your documents are sent to the Tax Authorities, but the time may vary on case to case basis.

Find out more information about taxes in Belgium here!

I want to file a tax return