Last update: 24th Nov 2023
Published: 8th Oct 2019

Form L16 a.k.a. Lohnzettel

Throughout the work in Austria the employer is obligated to issue the employee with a L16 form, called the Lohnzettel. What is it for and what does it contain?

Last update: 19th Oct 2023
Published: 3rd Oct 2019

Returning taxes from Austria. L1I Form.

If you are working or worked in Austria and are filing a tax return you may also have to attach some additional documents. One of them is the form L1i – Erklärung zur ArbeitnehmerInnenveranlagung also known as an employee’s declaration of tax measurement.

Published: 9th Aug 2023

Bescheinigung EU/EWR and tax refunds from Austria

Do you want to benefit from Austrian tax advantages even though you are not resident in Austria? With the EU/EWR form this is possible!

Published: 2nd Oct 2022

What do I have to arrange to work in Austria?

Have you found a job in Austria? What should you arrange and what should you remember about living and working in Austria?

Published: 13th Jul 2022

Form S1 (E 106) - Registration for benefits-in-kind in your home country while working in Austria

You will need the S1 form if you are working in Austria but still have permanent residence in your home country. How to get it?

How much child benefit can you get in Austria?

Child benefit is an important source of money for most parents which is paid every month on the 6th regardless of the income in Austria.

Published: 21st May 2020

I worked in Austria and come from a country outside the EU. How do I file a tax return?

The rules for non-residents of Austria differ from residents. Filing a tax return may be more complicated if a person comes from a country with which Austria does not have an agreement to avoid double taxation.

Have you worked in Germany, Austria, Belgium or Luxembourg?

To get your tax refund you will need to attach your Personal income statement. You can download the form off of our website: