Poland | Neotax

Tax return for Poland


You can see our pricelist here. If you are not sure which package to choose, check out our instructions below.

How does it work?


Or you can watch the video.


  • 1. I worked in Poland and paid taxes. Do I file a tax return?
    • Everybody who works abroad and pays an income tax should file a tax return. Under certain conditions, you can refund some of the taxes you (your employer) paid. We can help you to file your tax return in Poland.
  • 2. What are the tax rates in Poland?
    • The tax rate depends on wages earned and starts at 18%. If your taxable income is more than 85 528 PLZ, the rate increases to 32%.
  • 3. What does a “tax refund” mean?
    • A refund means that your employer paid on your behalf more taxes than was necessary, and you can claim the excess money back. By filing a tax return, you are actually reporting to the Polish tax office how much you earned as gross income and how much you paid on taxes while you stayed in Poland.
  • 4. What documents do you need for your tax refund?
    • In order to get your income tax refund as quickly as possible and to apply for the highest amount, you need to have:
      • A PIT-11 form or a copy of your final cumulative payslip from each employer.
  • 5. What is a PIT-11 form?
    • The PIT-11 is a form that each employer has to give to his employees at the end of the year. The form reports the employee's annual wage and the taxes withheld from each paycheck. The polish employers must send the Form PIT-11 to employees before January 31 of each calendar year.
  • 6. What if you do not have all the necessary documents?
    • Even if you do not have all the documents mentioned above, you can still apply for your tax refund. We offer a “replacement” service - we will contact your former employer/s and will request copies of your earning documents as your agent.
  • 7. How many years back can I file my tax refund?
    • You can go back as far as 2 years from the year in which you apply.
  • 8. How long does it take to get my tax refund?
    • On average it takes 3 to 4 months for the tax returns to be processed by the tax offices. This is counted from the time your documents are received by the tax authorities. The actual time may vary on a case by case basis.
  • 9. When is the deadline for filing the tax return?
    • Your tax return should be filed at the polish office on April 30th the latest. This means that you have to send your tax return in such a way, that the Tax Offices will receive your tax return by this date.
  • 10. Why is your tax calculation different from the actual Tax Office calculation?
    • In some cases, tax officials calculate the tax on your Tax Return higher or lower than the Tax Office shows in the final calculation. What are the most frequent causes?
      • The Tax Office had different data on your record (your employer reported different data than you have on your PIT-11 form)
      • Your employer wrongly paid more/less than was necessary
      • You may have some debt/overpayment from previous years