Child benefits | Neotax

Child benefits

Price list

  • Child benefits
    99EUR / per year+ 9 % from refund

    • You don't have to pay anything in advance
    • We provide complete assistance to your child benefits
    • We help with communication with the tax office

How does it work?

  • Fill out the form
    Fill out the form
    Just answer the questions like in a questionnaire so we can get all the necessary information about your child benefits case.
  • Check your e-mail
    Check your e-mail
    Once you registered and answered all the questions we will create a client's account for you.
  • Done!
    Our customer service representative will get in touch with you soon in order to send you the instructions and required application forms.


  • 1. What is a „child benefit“?
    • Child benefit is money granted to parents for their children, regardless whether the parent is in employment or the income level.
  • 2. How much money can you get?
    • 2016-2017
      from birth up to 3 years
      111,80 EUR
      from birth up to 3 years
      114 EUR
      over 3 years
      119,60 EUR
      over 3 years
      121,90 EUR
      over 10 years
      138,80 EUR
      over 10 years
      141,50 EUR
      over 19 years
      162 EUR
      over 19 years
      165,10 EUR
  • 3. Can you get child benefits from your home country and abroad at the same time?
    • Yes, you can be receiving the child benefits in your home country and also apply for them abroad. The benefits from foreign country will be calculated in such a way that the final sum of the benefits from both countries will be equal to the maximum amount in foreign country.
  • 4. Who can get child benefits from Austria?
    • All citizens of European Union, Switzerland, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Algeria, Kosovo, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey. Parents are entitled to family allowance if their centre of life is in Austria and their child (which can also be an adopted child, a foster child, a stepchild) lives together with them in the same household.
  • 5. Which parent can apply for child benefits?
    • Basically, there might be these situations:
      • if you are married, any of you - parents can apply for this benefit
      • if you are not married or divorced, only the mother can apply
      • if you are divorced AND the child is living with the father (father is the only legal guardian), only the father can apply
  • 6. How do you prove where your child is living?
    • In case your family is living in another country (while you live and work abroad), you will need to get E401 form. This confirms the family condition (e.g. you are not divorced and the child is not living only with the mother) and the address where the child is living. This document is filled out and stamped by the city hall.
  • 7. What if your permanent residency address in your home country is different from your spouse?
    • You will need to have the document E401 filled out and stamped by the city hall.
  • 8. What if you live and work abroad and your family is in another country?
    • You can apply even in this case. You will need to prove that you are actually living in a foreign country. To prove that you live abroad, you need to submit confirmation that you are registered temporarily in this specific country. This confirmation is issued by the city hall. You should be registered from the beginning of your foreign stay.
  • 9. How do you prove that you lived abroad, if you were not registered there?
    • In case you did not register at the foreign country, after you arrived to live and work there, you would need to prove your stay with bills related to it. This can be: rental contract, utility bills, such as by electricity/gas company.
  • 10. What is the maximum age of a child?
    • Once the child turns 18, child benefit will only be paid under certain circumstances, for example due to a disability, studying at university until the age of 24 or training for an occupation.
  • 11. How many years back can I apply for child benefits?
    • You can apply 5 years back.
  • 12. Is there a deadline during the year to apply?
    • No, you can apply anytime of the year, even if you are still living in the country and plan to live there further.
  • 13. What is the minimum amount of months to apply?
    • The minimum is one month and it is calculated as the entire month. For example, if you arrived in the country in mid November, you can apply for that given year from December 1st.
  • 14. How is the sum of child benefits calculated?
    • We apply for child benefits in foreign country's office. The office sends confirmation letter by mail, stating the amount of money to be paid.
  • 15. How long does it take to get child benefits?
    • It takes from 6 to 9 months on average.
  • 16. What is the fee for the service?
    • There is a flat rate of 99 EUR + 9 % from the total amount you receive. It is payable, when the amount of child benefit is received.

Blog | Posts about Austria

Thank you for your message. We will respond to you as soon as possible.